• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Actuary/Law - Late Round Offer! (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
WTF!?! I got offered Actuary/Law @ ANU...i only put it there for the sake of putting something down for the late round. But I got offered commerce/eco for the mainround. Which program of study should I choose!?! I have to make a decision quick.

Is actuary/law really really really really hard!?!?

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
That sounds about right. I didn't research enuff of the late round offer to make an informed decision...help!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
both course from the same uni?

yea actuarial and law are both hard as a single degree, adding them both together is a maniac! kidding... heh, but its hard tho.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Both programs at at ANU. Bloody hell, is it really that hard?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
w
at was the cut off?

Last edited:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well actuary is more statistics than puremaths so you don't have to go nuts over it as much. As for law, um... good luck
Actuary/law sounds more promising, it really depends on your career expectations

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
that said, actuarial is still notoriously difficult and the evidence is the drop out rate at maquarie...

accept the offer and congrats...if u find it difficult u can easily drop down to single actuarial....out of interest what was ur UAI?

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I would rather stab myself in my eyes with a rust encrusted spoon than do Actuarial Studies/Law

aditya

HSC
LOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know 2 people taht are doing it... its fkn stupid... only geniuses can finsih that... firstly ask urself a few questions -

can u learn 4unit maths at a 95+ mark level in 2weeks and secondly can u read 1000 pages of law - boring fucking shit every 5 days? if u cant, then dont do it...

these might sound extreme but the reason they are is because its a double degree, and doing them simulatneously u ahve to be great in both areas to just cope...

RIZAL

HSC
the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

Last edited:

RocketRiley

HSC
Like Isaac said, actuarial studies isn't even hard. I get all HD's. Only softcore people with small traps would get anything less.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Isaaq said:
i reckon it wouldn't be too hard. what makes actuarial hard is the people you are up against...and since it's only at ANU it shouldn't be bad at all.
Well the competition here is much less than say USyd or UMelb thats for sure. But I talked to honours grad from ANU, she said most people drop out because of the statistics maths.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
theres no actuarial at usyd, i think wot isaac was referring to was mac uni neway,where the actuarial students are generally among of the top students of the hsc (cut offs r highest at maq)

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
wow i always thought it wasnt at umelb, i thought it was at monash, neways that wasnt the whole focus of the above post

Last edited:

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
If USyd doesn't offer actuary and like you said "it doesn't" then its my mistake. But you understood what I was saying...as long as the msg gets across thats all that matters.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
it depends on what you like and what you're priorities are...doing actuary and law is fantastic, my friend does it at ANU, he likes it. My personal opinion is go to for that one but its really up to what you like, you also get a really good starting salary but i think its hard to find jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)