• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Accelerated Maths Learning!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi peeps,

its lookoutastroboy, your favourite yr9 student! =) i was just wondering if you knew anything about the "Accelerated Maths Learning Series", and if it was successful for you or not? Just tell me if its good enough as an accelerated mini course for me when im in yr 9 (i'm excellent in maths) doing the advanced yr 10 one in the series.

Future thanks, lookoutastroboy. :lol:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
They're good, but they're only used for revision, not for learning.

I find that questions are also too easy. The hardest level is proberbly about "development" level in the cambridge book. I'm using the 3U books in that series, and the questions don't match the difficulty standard of cambridge "extention" questions, not that they make much sense anyway.

For me, because i pick up concepts fast, these books are very useful, because of the small number of questions, and the structured nature of the book for revision. Merely doing the top level of questions is enough practice for me to get near full marks in my tests so that means i can get a lot out of very little studying.

However, some other people find that they need more questions for practice. In that case, cambridge has tones. Practice papers can be good revision, because they get you used to the test formats, and give you the exam-type questions.

I would also like to know other peoples opinion of the 3U Accerlerated Math Learning, Understainding year 11/12 math books, especially because those are what i use to prepare for tests.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Cambridge has too many questions sometimes. That means a ton of homework. :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I agree, cambridge has so many questions my eyes kind of skim over and refuse to look. Tahts why i use the accelerated math learning books. They have about 10 questions per topic in the hard section, and they don't take long to do. And the questions cover pretty much everything in the topic.

locked.on

HSC
Cambridge 3 Unit Extension questions are borderline 4 Unit questions.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
if anybody did all the questions in the 3U cambridge book, they're studying too hard. It says in the beginning, No student should attempt all the questions.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Some of the Cambridge questions take ages to do... even if it is about the really simple things. :(

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
the simple ones are REALLY simple.

but the later development questions can get a bit annoying, especially because i sometimes copy out my working wrong, and i leave out a minus sign, and then the whole question becomes unsolvable. The development questions arn't hard altogether.

Most of them are easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)