• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4 hours back to back (2 Viewers)

T

thegovernator

do you think this is too heavy? a 2 hour lecture followed by a 2 hour tute. my timetable is borked.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I'm gonna have that too ><
Dunno if I'll be able to handle it

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
mine is pretty bad as well...on fridays i have a 1hr tute for bio then 3 hr prac then 2 hr math lecture. 6 hours back to back. not looking forward to long dragging days. i have 5 hrs in a row on tues then 1 hr break then 1 hr class then 1 hr break then 2 hr class...lucky me

T

thegovernator

im just worried i won't be able to concentrate in the tute after the lecture. sigh

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
You should be fine. A four hour block is not too bad.

A six hour block without a break on the other hand...

tennille

HSC
Try 7 hours back to back.

You'll be fine. You can eat your lunch between lectures (or even in lectures).

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
yeah its gonna be crazy...but teh question is whether i will have an appetite after a bio prac...i mean looking in the course book i dont think ima gonna be eating after dissection lol...six hours is a whole school day with no break damn....well i will survive

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
u shouldnt b complaining just yet!!! try a 4 hour prac followed by another 4 hour prac, or a 4 hour prac followed by a 3 hour lecture then a hour tute... dont laugh it happens lol... Dion you would be suprised how many people cannot eat after a bio or anatomy prac. lol Not me, i had a hamburger straight after my first anatomy prac, my lecturer was so proud lol

SweetSeasons

HSC
I've had 9 hours back 2 back b4... and still had to go in 4 days a week..

SweetSeasons

HSC
just.. I dunno.. try and remember when ur at uni that u've only got the gay time table for the semester, which is what 12-13 weeks.. so not too long to put up with it, next sem may get better...

hah aleast thats what i'm tryn 2 tell my self this sem with my two 8am till 6pm days, a day where i'm doing prac teaching then going to my casual job and then a 6 hour day the next day.. fuck i'm gonna be fucked this sem, so glad i managed to get fridays off!

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
chookie_06 said:
Dion you would be suprised how many people cannot eat after a bio or anatomy prac. lol Not me, i had a hamburger straight after my first anatomy prac, my lecturer was so proud lol
lol how could u? i get sick at the sight of guts etc. lol i refused to cut open an eyeball in yr 12 bio lol...but i will have to get over it lol, dissection is what kept me from becoming a vet. I think after a dissection i will be not eating for a week or two lol...so are there many pracs where u need to cut things open?

SweetSeasons

HSC
disection was the only thing that kept me going when i did science at uni.. cept for when we disected flowers.. that was sooooo boring

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
Dion, well i do anatomy so each prac lesson is with a cadaver. in first year bio there wasnt much cutting up apart from cutting open a dead koala and studying its digestive tract.

SweetSeasons

HSC
chookie_06 said:
Dion, well i do anatomy so each prac lesson is with a cadaver. in first year bio there wasnt much cutting up apart from cutting open a dead koala and studying its digestive tract. what uni you going, which campus and what are you studying

a dead fuckin koala? and your at uws? fuck I was at para and there was one rat between the 2 prac classes on that day.. And I did anatomy at hawkesbury no cadavers out there, thankfully.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
sounds fun...ur doing the same major i want to do! well anywho is it a good major to do? do you enjoy it?

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
love it cant wait to get back next week and yeah science at campelltown rocks baby

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
chookie_06 said:
Dion, well i do anatomy so each prac lesson is with a cadaver. in first year bio there wasnt much cutting up apart from cutting open a dead koala and studying its digestive tract.
probably a stupid Q i need to ask what is a cadaver?

SweetSeasons

HSC
it's a human body that's had all the blood pumped out of it, n had it pumped back full of preservatives and they are frozen...

They are all bodies that have been "donated to science" and I think they keep them for 3 years and after the 3 years the uni pays for the funeral expenses....

and it takes months and months to cut them up to display the organs and stuff..

some sicko at a sydney uni just got caught for performing sexual acts on them

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
yeah what an absolute wank, i cant believe some sicko actually did that.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
damn...real bodies?

how sick and morally corrupt would you have to be to do that? the sexual part of the statement not the cutting open part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)